Michelle is a full-time writer based in Brisbane. She credits her three sons for giving her an endless source of inspiration for her writing, as well as her wrinkles.
Her picture book, Yellow Dress Day, was featured on ABC Kids Play School, which was a highlight in her career, as like most Aussie kids, she grew up watching the program.
As Founder of Share Your Story Australia, she loves coaching aspiring authors and illustrators achieve their dreams of publication.
The Bedtime Band - Wombat Books (2011).
Yellow Dress Day -New Frontier Publishing (2012)
- shortlisted for the 2013 Crichton Award.
- It was a featured book on Play School, read by Justine Clarke.
Hootie the Cutie - New Frontier (2014)
- Winner of the 2015 International Book Awards for Hardcover Children's Picture Book.Possum Games -Wombat Books
Noah Chases the Wind released by Redleaf Press (USA Publisher) in the US and internationally (2014)
- Awarded a Silver Moonbeam Award and Gelett Burgess Award in 2015 for Children's Literature.
My Brother Tom released by Dragontales Publishing in November 2015 was a finalist in the Book Excellence Awards and raises money for Life's Little Treasures Foundation, supporting Australian families with premature babies in hospital.
The Three Legged Kangaroo from Uluru and Malibu and the Naughty Elf with Big Sky Publishing (2016)
Glitch - Ford Street Publishing in 2017
- 2018 CBCA Picture Book of the Year Notables list.
- The World's Worst Pirate - Little Pink Dog Books (2017)
- 2018 CBCA Picture Book of the Year Notables list
- shortlisted in the 2018 Speech Pathology Awards
- Highly Commend in the Society of Women's Writers NSW Book Awards 2018 in the Hilarie Lindsay Children's Book Section.
Pug's Don't Wear Pyjamas - New Frontier Publishing (2018)
Johnny's Beard - Little Pink Dog Books (2018)
Little Gnome's Christmas Wish - Clear Fork Publishing (USA publisher) is due out in 2019.
- Two-time winner of the International Book Award for Children's Hardcover Fiction
- Finalist in the USA Best Book Awards
- Gellett Burgess Award for Children's Literature
- Silver Moonbeam Award for her contribution to celebrating diversity in Picture Books
- Listed twice on the 2018 CBCA Picture Book of the Year award Notables list
- Shortlisted for the 2018 Speech Pathology Awards
- Highly Commended in the Society of Women's Writers NSW Book Awards Hilarie
Lindsay Children's Book section
- Winner of the 2018 AusMumpreneur Gold Award for Business Excellence
- Redlands BaR Awards for best Business Start Up
Notes from the agent:
Michelle is an amazing writer. She's professional, driven and works well in a team. She is also a truly lovely person to work with.