Due to the high number of submissions received, Mayfair Literary Agency will be closed for submissions for the rest of 2019 (unless you receive a request from the agent - then please still submit)
We only represent Australian authors.
Please include the word ‘Submission Published Author’ in the email header plus the title of the manuscript. Then include the following in the body of the email:
- Subject line: submission - manuscript title – author name – genre
- Please attach the first three chapters of your manuscript or the whole picture book text
- The query letter should contain a brief synopsis of
the story (1-3 paragraphs)
- The manuscript word count
- A brief bio, with details of your writing background
- Publication history
- Your writing plans for the next few years
- Any other relevant information
Please send your email to: [email protected]
We’ll try to respond to all submissions received, provided they are in accordance with our submission guidelines. If we are interested in your work we will get in touch within twelve weeks, asking to read either a partial or full manuscript.
If you receive an offer of representation from another agency, please email us right away and let us know.
If we do request more material, please allow up to eight weeks for us to get back to you. Feel free to check in again if we don’t respond within that time frame.
Please note - Mayfair Literary Agency is extremely selective about who we represent. We’re only taking on a small number of authors so we can give each client our time and attention. Commission based - 15%.
Thank you for thinking of Mayfair Literary Agency for your work – all the best!